Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Progress Report

I know I haven't blogged in a bit. I have been a little discouraged lately. The numbers on the scale just aren't going down the way i'd like them to.  I continue to feel better, look thinner and lose a little bit in my waist measurements. And even though those things are great, and better than my starting point it is disheartening. Two weeks ago I gained a half of a pound.. which is not that much of a gain, I know.. but it was still upsetting.

I have not let that disappointment stop me though. Slam-Slam has joined the gym and now we go to the gym together at least twice a week. I need to get back to classes, because I burn more calories in those.

I have decided to banish the scale for a little bit. I have been reading about other ways to measure success on SparkPeople!  Mainy the articles talk about how to stay motivated by things other than the number on the scale.
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=487

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1625

They mention waist measurements and wellness measurements as possible alternatives.  I have already been keeping track of my waist measurements, so I'll keep doing that.  I am not sure about the wellness measurements, they may be a little too subjective for me...I need something that I can ensure has some consistency. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=1358

My new updates are going to be about my calories in and out, the differences in my waistline and (i'll make note of any size changes), once a month a scale update. I'll also give updates on my challenge and adventure updates.

I have not been doing my April daily challenges, the evenings have just been too busy to get out on the bike, I think I need to save that challenge for a month with more sunlight later in the evening.  The new daily challenge is going to have to do with sit ups! EEK!

Also, my adventure is getting moved to another month. I think April is going to be adventure free :(
But I am thinking about focusing my May adventures will be the 2 charity walks that I am doing, and June can be disc golf month. I do plan to try to go geocaching at least once before April is over.

This is all I have to report for the last 2 weeks or so. Next week I'll report on challenges, adventures, average daily calorie intake, my waist measurement and weekly calories burnt total! Then about Mid may we will get on the scale again and see how I did!

2 comments:

  1. The scale is not moving as much as I'd like other. I would suggest that you go further than the waist measurement though. I've only lost maybe an inch off my waist in the past two months. *But* I've lost 1 1/2 off the bust (that's two cup sizes!), some off my arms, and a full inch off (each) thigh. If you take all of them, you might really see some changed that just the scale and the waist don't show.

    I still use the scale, though, 'cause I'm neurotic like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so hard to not get on the scale. but I did lose a half inch off the waist. I think you are right though. i need to take the other measurements...

    ReplyDelete