Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update

It has come to my attention that I have not posted on the blog in ages. That does not mean that I have not been working hard on my weight loss goals! As of this morning, I have lost 57 lbs. my weight loss numbers are approaching two important milestones:  When I lose 3 more pounds I'll have lost 60 pounds....SIXTY!!! I can't believe I have lost this much weight. Of course I desperately wanted to, that is what this blog and journey are all about; and it has taken me longer than I had hoped. I had always hoped that by the year anniversary of this blog I would have lost the 100 pounds I am aiming for! However, as I approach 60 lbs, I am not feeling so bad about that! I am feeling like, I'm still going to make it there, and it doesn't matter how long it takes me!

The other milestone I am about to reach is a big one. Now I have hesitated to put in references to my actually weight on this blog. For fear that some industrious person might starting adding things up and figure out what my starting weight was, even though its clearly obvious that I weighed a lot, you don't need to lose 100 pounds if you aren't that heavy to begin with. This milestone is so exciting though, that I no longer care if anyone figures out my starting weight. In 8.1 lbs... I'll be UNDER 200!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! granted that will give me 199.9, but it will be under 200! I haven't been under 200 in at least 5 years. I am so excited!

I am not doing anything different as of late. I am sticking to the plan my nutritionist gives me and trying not to cheat too much. I am also still doing Zumba twice a week and plan on becoming an instructor as an accomplishment to mark that I have become "fit" and not just thin!  Although, this week has been a little hectic and I only did Zumba last Sunday and that was it! 


In other news I have a recipe to review! My friend, Queen Bee, as she is known on this blog gave me this awesome low-fat, low sugar ice cream recipe, that she got from her sister in law. 



1 container of fat free cool whip, completely thawed out
1 package fat free/sugar free jello pudding mix–I used chocolate fudge!
1) Mix together slowly, ensuring all of the mix is incorporated into the cool whip.
2) Freeze.
3) Eat.
So it is pretty awesome!! I used the lite cool whip instead of fat free, because I am more concerned about my sugar intake than my fat.  Next time I make it I will dissolve the pudding in a splash of milk and then fold it in to the whip topping. I think it will just make it a little creamier and help the pudding get integrated into the whip topping better.  I am also going to experiment with other pudding flavors and maybe even jello. My mom had the idea that mixing in jello might make it taste like a creamier sherbet. Orange jello would probably taste like a creamsicle and I love those. I am going to do some experimenting and report back what is good.  Anyway, I just used plan chocolate, It was delicious and the perfect light dessert 4 nights this past week!  
That is all i have for now! I'll try to post more often! You'll definitely be hearing from me when I break below that 200 mark! And I promise to post a picture again soon! 

2 comments:

  1. That ice cream thing sounds amazing. I must investigate this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a fantastic job, so proud of you keep up the good work :) and that Ice cream IS amazing I loved it

    Queen Bee :)

    ReplyDelete