Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Food Tracking and Goals for the Future!

So food tracking is still not up to par. I know that food tracking and calorie watching are ABSOLUTELY key to this weight loss thing. The latest addition of the joy fit club was an AVID calorie counter and lost 122 pounds. . but i still can't seem to remember to do it consistently. I have set a timer on my phone to remind me. We will see how that goes....

I realized i never wrapped up my December Push-up Challenge. I made it to 23 push-ups.  When the holidays came around it kind of fell a part. I am going to keep push-ups as part of my regular exercise routine. 23 is MUCH better than the 3 i started out with.

I need to choose a challenge for this month, I was thinking about sit-ups, but I think i'd like to save that one for a while. I just can't handle the idea of doing a bunch of sit-ups every night. So i have to come up with something better. I am playing with the idea of stretches. My adventures for the month are 1 ice-skating adventure and assuming we get some decent snow, 1 attempt at cross country skiing.

Today, I set a long term goal. It might seem far-fetched, especially since I am horrible right now. But when I hit my goal weight I am going to become a certified Zumba Instructor. I am not sure if I'll actually ever find a part time job to teach it, but i want the certification anyway and I am sure I could find something. I have noticed that a LOT of the joy fit club people either do marathons/triathlons or become fitness trainers of some sort.  I am sure these accomplishments help them maintain their weight.

So tomorrow is weigh in. I don't know how i'll do... but we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. How goes the food tracking? I'm at 100% since Monday. We'll see how the weekend goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good.... I am also 100% since Monday. My reminders are really helping.

    ReplyDelete