Monday, October 25, 2010

Textercising, Playing and Generally Having a Good Time!

The last few days have been really busy but have given me a lot of good opportunities for exercise and making good choices. Friday night I went shopping and to dinner with Bombshell McGee! We had a great time, we did a fair bit of walking. We did go to a pizza, pasta, salad buffet, but I think I did OK, under the circumstances. I had a HUGE salad right off the bat and that really helped me with my portion control. In full disclosure, we did split a piece of smores pizza, it was delicious. I am not sure if I should feel guilty or not about that choice, but I think not. I think the key to maintaining all of this over the long haul is moderation and having small allowances. It was a small piece and then I split it in half, so I have decided to be OK with that.

Bombshell and I continued our evening at the Super Target, where of course I got a Textercise! Queen Bee sent me 10 squats, which I promptly decided to complete in the shoe department of Target! Bombshell (who was not caught up on her blog reading) did not know about the Textercise challenge and was very disturbed! "I don't know what is happening" were here exact words, it was pretty funny! I am glad I did those squats right there in the middle of target, I proved to Target and more importantly to myself that I am willing to do whatever it takes to lose this weight. I know I'll make mistakes and fall off the wagon, but I am taking this one day and one choice at a time.

Saturday I did some family history research with my mom which involved a lot of walking around (and chasing a toddler around) the cemetery! That was really good exercise. Then Sunday I took the Dude Monkey to a park and that was also very good exercise for both of us. Right now, I am at a conference! I am a little worried about my eating, so far I have been able to make good choices! I am not sure what lunch will be though. It is at a start park, so my friend... (who is still code named undetermined) and I are going to take a little walk around the park! I am really looking forward to weigh in on Wednesday! I think I have really made good progress!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I have to share I have done my Wii Fitness 3 nights in a row. It is quite disturbing when it says you are obese--really a wake-up call. Today on Weight Watchers they had a piece on Halloween and trying to stay true to yourself. Thought I would share it.
    Item Serving size POINTS value
    Jolly Rancher Hard Candy Twists 3 pieces 1
    Charm’s Blow Pop 1 junior or regular pop 1
    Weight Watchers by Whitman’s Mint Patties 1 piece 1
    Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pops 1 regular 1
    Weight Watchers by Whitman’s Peanut butter crunch 1 piece 1
    Skittles Original Bite Size Candies (fun size) 1 bag 2
    Candy corn 1 oz 2
    Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats 1 bar 2
    Jolly Rancher Gummis 9 pieces 2
    Jelly Belly Jelly Beans 35 pieces 3
    Twizzler’s Cherry Bites 17 pieces 3
    Junior Mints 16 3
    Tootsie Roll Tootsie Rolls 12 small 3
    Weight Watchers by Whitman’s Caramel drops 7 pieces 3

    So I have decided the best way is for the Court Jester to hand out all the candy and then hide it from me--so PrincessE doesn't get into it.

    Tomorrow is my first weigh-in. Anxious to see if I have lost any--something is better than nothing is my new motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really helpful information! It will definitely help to keep me on track over Halloween! Good luck on your weigh-in, remember not to get discouraged no matter what. These things take time!

    ReplyDelete